Development Project Service Organization (DEPROSC) Nepal is a non-profit making organization established in September 1993 under "Association Registration act 1978" as a non-governmental organization (NGO). It is affiliated to Social Welfare Council (SWC) and has got approval from SWC for foreign aid mobilization. DEPROSC-Nepal has its Central Office in Kathmandu, Nepal and two Regional offices, one each in Biratnagar (Eastern region) and Nepalgunj (Mid- and Far western region). The Central Office is located at Thapathali, Kathmandu with necessary space and equipment to run as a national NGO.
For the past two decades, the organization has been working in several thematic areas including livelihood improvement, social development (education, health hygiene, nutrition, and child development), community micro assets, natural resource management disaster risk management, and microfinance. The organization has been involved in implementing different humanitarian assistance programs during national crisis such as in Koshi flood, diarohea outbreak in Jajarkot in 2008, insurgency (2003-2006), food crisis in the hills and mountains of mid and far west, earthquake response in Nuwakot, Kathmandu and Lalitpur. Currently, DEPROSC is working in 33 districts of 4 development regions, launching eight different development projects.
DEPROSC has strongly contributed in microfinance’s sector development of the country by providing directly lending services and promoting microfinance/cooperatives in the hills for past two decades. It has promoted two national level microfinance financial institutions, namely: DEPROSC Microfinance Financial Institution and NADEP Microfinance Financial Institution. The two institutions have serving around 140,000 families at present.
DEPROSC wants to see a peaceful, prosperous and empowered Nepal.
DEPROSC-Nepal is committed to enhance the participation of rural people in general and poorest of the poor, children, women and marginalized ethnic groups in particular in their development process through:
- Social development
- Livelihood improvement
- Rural Finance
- Natural Resource Management
DEPROSC-Nepal aims at empowering rural people for attaining self-sustaining socio-economic uplift through a package of policy research, action research and training. Its specific objectives are to:
- Act as an intermediary between development programs of government, NGOs, bi-lateral and multi-lateral projects and local
- Enhance the capabilities of Community based organizations (CBOs) by organizing appropriate training and involving them as partners in development intervention process
- Organizing different skills training programs for disseminating improved technology in agriculture, livestock and off-farm activities
- Provide support services to local institutions for the development of agriculture, irrigation, drinking water, cottage and rural industries, forestry and alternative energy and encourage them to undertake feasible and appropriate enterprises
- Promote equal access to opportunities, resources, ownership and participation for women and underprivileged section of the societies
- Provide micro-finance services in rural area
- Social mobilization to sensitize and capacitate communities through community organizations
- Development research